Are you using Premiere Pro and want a quicker way to create quick, dynamic and eye catching captions? Just follow this simple step by step guide for your next Reel or video.
Before adding captions to your video, it's important to finish adding all of your media and organising it into the sequence of your final video. Because once captions are added, it can be troublesome to reorder, remove or add additional media. Adding captions should be one of the last steps taken when video editing.
When ready to add your captions:
1. Go to Workspaces and select "Captions and Graphics".
2. Go to the Text panel, and under the Transcript tab select “Transcribe”.
3. Review the text to make sure it's correct and fix any errors.
4. Once happy with your transcription, go to the Captions tab and select "Create captions from transcript".
5. Make sure to set the maximum length in characters to 7, minimum duration to 1 sec and lines to single.
6. Highlight all captions from the timeline and then go to the Essential Graphics panel to customise the style of your captions, including the font, size, position, capitalisation, colour and other effects.
When you're happy with the overall style and positioning, don't forget to review your entire video to make sure that all captions have the correct timing and spelling.
Here's how our finished video looks!
How did you go? Share your quick caption creations by tagging The Brand Bar on socials!
Who is The Brand Bar?
We are a full-service marketing and communications agency and understand time is a valuable resource. We can do a full marketing review of your strategy on your behalf and make necessary recommendations for you to achieve your goals.
We can even implement it on your behalf via a project or monthly retainer arrangement, book a FREE 15 or 30 minute Discovery session by clicking here.
Subscribe to The Alliance by The Brand Bar
Sharing what we know, to help your business grow. Get ahead with all the latest marketing, branding and social media news, strategy tips and industry insights delivered straight to your inbox, subscribe here.